Seems you've stumbled across my blog...it's just a little patch of pictures and posts; nothing fancy. In all things on this blog (and in my life), I aim to glorify the Lord and magnify His name! He, in His perfect and divine plan, called me by name, redeemed me, and is constantly forming and shaping me in His likeness. He chose me out of the goodness of His grace, to be a child; an heir; a light on a hill; a servant of the Lord.

09 April 2010

Here we go...

Well (as the title says), here we go! This blog will most likely be used for my photography, but will probably also include excerpts from my life.
To start off, I'd like to explain the name of my blog (He called me by name; He called me Beloved). Isaiah 43:1b says "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine" (italics mine). Long story short, one of my teachers was expounding on this verse and pointed out that God called you by your name, the name that your parents put on your birth certificate and now your legal name. My name (Amy) means 'beloved', or 'greatly loved'. As my teacher continued, it dawned on me that not only did God call me 'Amy'; He called me 'Beloved'. He expressed His vast, beautiful, wonderful, indescribable love for me in the meaning of my name! And that blows my mind. Seriously, how cool is that?!
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now...for a little while ;) Simply wanted to share that with you!

Until next time,
Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment