Yesterday (Friday) morning I became an owner of invisalign. For those of you who do not know what invisalign is, I shall enlighten you. Invisalign is a type of braces that are completely clear, fit over your teeth like a mold or retainer would, and can be removed at convenience. They are made of plastic and completely cover your teeth. Sounds great right? Your teeth can be straightened without a large amount of metal being transplanted into your mouth, and you don't have to walk around with large metal pieces showing every time you talk.
While they do sound convenient, let me warn you: they hurt like nothing else. It's been just over a day since I had them put in, and I am now fully certain that they hurt just as regular braces. The plastic has already worn two raw spots inside my mouth making it very numb, and my teeth have been hurting constantly. The pain rather feels like a constant headache, only in your mouth. Whenever I talk, swallow, etc. the plastic rubs my tongue and the floor of my mouth. Yeah, no fun.
Oh well. It'll all be over soon enough. Well, thanks for letting me vent about my aching mouth. I'm no special case, by any means! But I did want to complain about my troubles to someone. And my family is probably tired of it by now. haha. :)
Until next time,
Beloved
Beauty requires pain, my friend :) You will have knock out teeth when all is said and done. THE END :)
ReplyDelete